Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Salmonchanted Evening

Those brussels sprouts from the previous post were just the side dish for Halloween dinner. The main dish was baked salmon.

I hadn't used this recipe in several years and when I tried to get it via my blog, the link to the other blog didn't work. But I'm a librarian--I'm good at finding information, be it in books or the Web, and I found a nearly identical recipe on Epicurious

The recipe called for salmon fillets w/skin, but I had individual flash frozen skinless salmon portions from Wegmans and they worked fine. And I used panko breadcrumb, lightly crushed instead of the "Fresh French" ones called for in the recipe. Get real, Epicurious, this is a basic fish recipe!

I am eating some of the leftovers cold tonight and it tastes as good--or even better this way.


Salmon with Mustard/Crumb Topping

4 salmon fillets (about 6-7 oz each) defrosted if you are using frozen fish


2 Tbsp + 1 tsp white vinegar
2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
1/3 cup canola or corn oil

1 cup panko bread crumbs, lightly crushed OR  1 cup regular plain breadcrumbs 


Place the salmon (skin side down if there is skin) in a greased baking dish
Combine everything else except for the breadcrumbs and blend well. Pour this over the fish.
Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top. Press them down lightly with the back of a fork.

Bake at 375 degrees for 18-25 minutes
The fish is ready when it is no longer bright pink in the middle and when its temperature is about 130 degrees

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mmmmm....comments...............

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...