Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dinner Just For Me: Risi Bisi Deluxe With Shrimp

Not only delicious, but with pink shrimp, asparagus & peas--PRETTY!
After a long day in the trenches coming home and dealing with a very unhappy teenager who is wrestling unsuccessfully with geometry, and the prospect of a long evening of getting her sister to bed and tagging all the clothes I need to take to a consignment sale tomorrow, I needed something wonderful for dinner.

This is based on a recipe in Barbara Kafka's always helpful Microwave Gourmet. I've used the original recipe for years, dating back to the spring when we were renovating the kitchen mostly on our own, and didn't have access to a stove for several weeks. I've made it for myself as a treat occasionally since then, usually when I'm on my own.

I made Risi Bisi in the microwave Sunday night to go with the roast chicken we were having, so I had the leftovers from that and from the asparagus I'd poached to go with it. So all I had to do was steam some peeled medium shrimp I'd had in the freezer--thanks to Kafka I know that you can easily do that by just putting them in the microwave in a dish for 2-3 minutes.

Some risi bisi in the bowl. Snap some cooked asparagus just by hand into bite sized pieces and add them as well. Heat for 1-2 minutes.

Add the cooked shrimp. Sprinkle perhaps with a little parmesan or peccorino.

Eat and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mmmmm....comments...............

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...