Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Back To Being A Good Girl: No Guilt Brownies

Several years ago I lost about 18 pounds doing Weight Watchers, but at some point I slacked off. And Weight Watcher's new version of the Points Program has frustrated me, because it no longer treats all calories as equal. It's less positive about carbs, and if you know anything about me, you know that I LOVE carbs. Breads. Pastas. Muffins and quick breads and pastries!

But I need to get the weight off and I'm finally adjusting myself to the new plan. And I think I'll get back to where I should be.

I ate so carefully today that I was able to have a hamburger and fries (not the fast food kind, the home cooked kind) for dinner. And I still have room for brownies, so long as they're the No Guilt type.

These are a clone of the No Pudge brownies. You can buy the mixes in the store--and I do--but if you're out of mix or don't want to use the mix, this works perfectly. And it's only 3 points per serving on the Weight Watchers plan--just what it was on the old plan.

BTW, I had this on the original   "Library Lady Rants" blog and couldn't access it--apparently Blog-City is now no more--why I moved the blog to Blogger. Luckily, I had archived all my posts. In fact, looking for this, I found a lot more recipes I need to re-post here!

(Almost)Guilt Free Brownies ("No Pudge" Clone)
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa (that's unsweetened, not a mix!)
2 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 egg whites (I use powdered + water). Omit the egg whites if you want brownies that are fudgelike)
1/2 cup plain non-fat yogurt (increase to 2/3 cup if you omit the egg whites)
1 tsp vanilla (you can omit this if you use vanilla yogurt, but I don't keep this on hand)

Combine the dry ingredients and blend.
Add the egg whites (if using),the yogurt and the vanilla.
Stir to blend. This is a thick batter.
Spray an 8x8 baking pan (you can use a brownie sized pan, it will change the texture and baking time)
Add the batter, smoothing with a spoon.
Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees F.

These can be very, VERY messy to cut, and you're supposed to let them cool first. But usually, we don't!

2 comments:

  1. I suppose it defeats the purpose if you use them as the base for a brownie sundae?

    Since your great success on WW, I have gained 14 pounds (from a weight that was already too much). I'm still wrapping my head around the changes that middle age has wrought.

    Hey - I just saw a bunch of post titles i don't recognize on the sidebar and realized that when I was cleaning up my blog subscriptions I accidentally deleted yours! Well, the good news is, I'll have fun catching up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use frozen vanilla yogurt (Hagen Daaz is great) and some lite whipped cream from the can. And chocolate syrup, of course. Tastes great!

    ReplyDelete

Mmmmm....comments...............

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...