Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Lasagna On A Busy Night? Sort Of: Skillet Lasagna

I have piles of clothing all over our downstairs, spilling over the chairs at the table, stacked in plastic bins as I try to get it all priced and tagged to take to the consignment sale I go to semi-annually.

I'd been planning on getting it all done yesterday, loading it into my car today and heading out to the suburban sale location after a waste of my time  important meeting today. But the safety pins disappeared--only to turn up on the table under my computer after I'd gone out today and bought more--so I couldn't do the job last night.

And I hadn't planned to make dinner. There's leftover turkey breast and SC knows how to make tettrazini and I figured she'd make that. But since I'm going tomorrow instead, I wanted to leave it till then.

So I made this dish, which JR found right on the Kraft Parmesan cheese can and made (with a little help from me) this summer.

It's not lasagna, but the combination of tomato sauce, ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan is darned lasagna like. I made it along with some meatballs (using beef) and crumbled mine into the pasta.

Delicious, easy and fast on a hectic night!

Skillet "Lasagna"

3 cups of pasta (we used high fiber rotini)
1 cup of shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup reduced fat ricotta cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
14 oz spaghetti sauce (pick your favorite. Wegmans makes a smooth marinara we like)

Combine pasta, spaghetti sauce, ricotta and 1/2 of the mozzarella and parmesan in a large skillet or other pan deep enough to hold it all.

Cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes, enough to  heat things thoroughly.

Add the rest of the mozzarella and parmesan and cover the pan. Cook for another 3-5 minutes until the cheese has melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mmmmm....comments...............

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...