Saturday, December 7, 2013

Friday, December 6: Leftovers and Improvisations

I made Chicken Marengo for the Man's birthday a few nights ago--I'll post about that some time--and he ate the leftovers last night.

The girls had spaghetti and meatballs. This is our usual meatball recipe, made with beef this time. The only interesting thing about it is that SC had made meatballs several weeks ago when I was away taking care of her ailing grandma. She called me and said she'd made way to much meat, so I told her to freeze some of the remaining mix. I simply defrosted the mix in the microwave and it was good to go. I'd have preferred if she'd shaped and individually frozen the meatballs, but there's limited space in our freezer. But I think the next time we do this recipe, we'll double it and freeze half again.

I took some of the girls' leftover spaghetti, tossed it with spaghetti sauce (there's a good basic marinara from Wegmans that we like) and added a can of drained clams. Then I just heated it and ate it. While not gourmet Italian, it was pretty darned good......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mmmmm....comments...............

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...