Friday, December 6, 2013

Thursday, December 5: Turkey Tamale Pie

Several people posted this recipe from a food blog, but as much as I like the recipes on said blog, she's another Pioneer Woman wannabee, openly showing how much profit she's making on her blog. And I have a major, major problem with people who have to shove "getting to know Jesus" or some such on their profile. Lots of my family and friends are Christians and none of them seem the need to proclaim it everywhere they go. Gag.....

Anyway this came from Cooking Light, so that's the link I'm offering. I followed the recipe pretty exactly except for using an egg rather than egg substitute. It was easy to make. However:

1)The girls found it too spicy. They like flavorful food, but either the chiles or the enchilada sauce (both mild) were enough to make them feel the heat. I could feel it myself, but after years of living with the Man I actually put hot sauce on my Buffalo chicken, so for me it was okay.

2)The crust was a little TOO mushy. It is supposed to be creamy, but I think we would have preferred a more bread like crust. The creamed corn may have been a factor.

So if I do this again I will use regular canned or frozen corn and probably omit the green chiles and enchilada sauce--perhaps I'll just use some simple tomato sauce instead. And the Man and I can add our own heat.

Vegetable: baby carrots. Again..........

http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-tamale-casserole-cooking-light-337063http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-tamale-casserole-cooking-light-337063

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mmmmm....comments...............

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...